The TEI International Leadership School
Biblical Theology 101 and Political Theology 101
Taught by John C. Rankin
Historically, the TEII Leadership School had aimed to cover the whole Bible, church history and a review of pagan religions and secular constructs in seven classes.
As of 2019, there are three initial tracks:
Track 1] TEII School Sessions: the biblical text, starting in Genesis 1:1, will be covered in online classes for the whole church, where the language will seek to be as accessible as possible, aiming to communicate a biblical literacy 101.
Track 2] TEII School Questions: Again, online, this will be topical, drawn from questions raised across the Bible, church history and in view of non-biblical religions. It starts in Genesis 1:1 and moves forward.
- Click on johnrankinyoutube.org for the links)
Track 3] This same material will be covered in on-site classes, (and filmed for access by members at www.teicohort.org), and will cover the same territory, and aiming for much questions and answers. The next series of classes will be announced here when scheduled.
- For Track 2] here are an initial fifteen topics to be addressed, others will follow in due course, and some may yet be inserted into the original fifteen:
- What is the political nature of Genesis 1:1, and how does it define the whole Bible? (advance summary on YouTube: click here).
- How does Genesis 1:1-2 set the table to understand the Genesis versus all pagan religion and secular constructs?
- What is the debate over creation and evolution?
- Does atheism exist?
- What is the nature of angels and demons, and how does this affect human politics?
- What are the six major theories on the days of creation, and what is the seventh?
- What is the nature of “it is good” in Genesis 1, and how does this compare with pagan religions and secular constructs?
- Light versus the occult: What are the issues in daily life and human politics?
- What is the nature of the image of God, and its universal reach?
- What is male and female, and why is marriage necessary for civilization?
- What is the biblical covenant of human freedom, its political implications and contrast with paganism and secularism?
- What is the nature of the heavens and of hell?
- How do anger and broken trust equal the original essence of sin?
- What is the nature of Yahweh’s judgment on sin?
- What is the nature and what are the monumental effects of the story of Cain and Abel?
- How does the storyline of Genesis 1-19 define all debates over human sexuality?