Biographical Sketches for TheBibleandPolitics.org Television Show
- Rev. John C. Rankin is a native of West Hartford and a resident of Simsbury, he and his wife married in 1977 and have four grown children and seven living grandchildren. He is president of the Theological Education Institute (TEI) International (teii.org) and host of the Mars Hill Forum Series. He holds degrees from Denison University (B.A. History), Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (M.Div.) and Harvard Divinity School (Th.M. Ethics and Public Policy), and he is working on a Ph.D. at the Oxford Centre for Mission Studies on Hebrew covenant and political freedom. He also has nine books in print.
- Mark Anderson recently retired from the Army and completed a M.A. in Public Policy from Liberty University. Using this newly gained knowledge, he founded a nationally chartered conservative group, the Connecticut Republican Assembly. During the past election cycle, he served as campaign manager for a local Republican State Representative, who won reelection. He and his wife have five children.
- Matt Kinnaman was a candidate for US Congress in 2002 in Massachusetts District 1, and for the Massachusetts State Senate in 2006. He served on the Massachusetts Republican State Committee from 2004-2010 and chaired the 2010 Platform Committee. He has also served in various ministry leadership capacities for 20 years, and currently works in business. He and his wife have two grown children. He holds a B.A. in philosophy and political science, and an M.A. in political science from the University of Rhode Island.
- Joshua Plourde is a graduate of Charter Oak State College, and he spent eight years in the United States Air Force, four of which was active duty service. He works in the Behavioral Health Care field, is married and the father of four, and currently serves as an ordained minister at Riverbank Christian Church in Waterbury.
- Rev. Nicholas Mumejian is a graduate of Liberty University, Duke University Divinity School, and has completed most of his PhD work in Christian-Muslim Relations in a joint program between the Hartford Seminary and Exeter University. He is also managing editor of The Muslim World Journal, the largest of its kind, founded in 1911.
- Christina Bennett has a degree in communications from Southern Connecticut State University, is a licensed minister, and is a speaker for Ambassadors International and Live Action News. She has served as a counselor with A Better Choice Pregnancy Resource Center in Middletown, and is currently communications director for the Family Institute of Connecticut. Born in Hartford, Christina came within moments of being aborted, until a janitor (or angel) intervened.
- Harold S. Harris hold degrees from Iowa State University (aerospace engineering) and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (mechanical engineering). He worked for Pratt & Whitney for 33 years, and in his retirement works as a business owner and designer, volunteers in various community service endeavors, and now also as communications director for the Libertarian Party of Connecticut.
- Attorney Peter Wolfgang is a graduate of the American University (International Studies) and the University of Connecticut Law School, also being a member of the Connecticut Bar. He joined the Family Institute of Connecticut in 2004, and serving as its executive director since 2007. A native of Manchester, CT, Peter and his wife Leslie live in Waterbury and have seven children.