Proposed Resolution #4 for the U.S. Congress and the Legislatures of the Several States:
Human Sexuality and Civil Rights
- All persons hold the unalienable rights to life, liberty and property, and therefore they hold equal dignity and protection under due process of law;
- The historic family unit, rooted in heterosexual faithful monogamous marriage and the raising of children, is the basic institution in society;
- There are those persons, whether by choice, circumstance or the brokenness of adversity, who do not participate fully or partly as members of the historic family unit.
Therefore, we affirm:
- Marriage is defined as the union of one man and one woman;
- No punitive laws shall exist to restrict private association – whether heterosexual or homosexual; and
- All persons shall accept accountability for the public consequences of their private associations and actions, and they shall in no way deprive others of life, liberty or property.