The Sacred Assemblies for the Unborn (SAU)
John C. Rankin
- Click on teamsofseven.org for rebooted strategy beginning in the winter of 2019; and it includes the new signs. The first one is scheduled for Wednesday, January 22, from 10 a.m. to Noon on the South Side of the State Capitol in Hartford (on Capitol Avenue facing the CT Supreme Court). Details forthcoming.
- For a history of the original SAU, 1989-1991 in Brookline (Preterm) and Boston (Repro), MA, most every Saturday morning, click on each of four links: 1) the original SAU; 2) other stories from the original SAU; 3) the language of “You Have the Power to Choose Life” and 4) the responses of Boston Globe and WGBH Public Television.
- In this time, over 200 women chose not to follow through with their abortion appointments.
- Hundreds of college students, recruited by the Boston chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW), were there to counter-protest us. Multiple hundreds, even over a thousand conversations resulted, and the subject of the Gospel was initiated by the college students often. After the initial nine months, the president of Boston NOW ordered the recruits not to show up again, for we “were persuading too many” of them.
- All this and much more is in the book: Changing the Language of the Abortion Debate (johnrankinbooks.com).
- See the Jeremiah 19 Liturgy designed for a prophetic witness at abortion centers and political centers of power.