Jeremy David Rankin, My Beloved Son (August 3, 1985-January 24, 2020)
This webpage will be built gradually in honor of my third eldest son Jeremy. He is (yes, is and not just was) kind, smart, funny, loving and always putting others first even as he suffered terribly under unimaginable pain, and for so long. Eternal life is now a whisper away from my soul at all times, and as I walk gently with a deep hole in my heart until the resurrection when I can embrace him fully and forever, with all suffering, pain, sorrow, crying, tears and death abolished.
- O Jeremy! O Jeremy! An Ode from a Father Who Desperately Loves His Son [YouTube reading: click here (5:42)]
- [Written text: click here]
- Memorial Service Celebration, February 8, 2020, Covenant Presbyterian Church, Simsbury, CT, with slide show of Jeremy’s life following [YouTube: click here (1:17:20)]. There are three songs in the original service, the third of which is copyright and cannot be uploaded here: 1) I know That You are Good (5:19: Big Daddy Weave: click here); 2) Danny Boy (5:51 Roy Orbison; click here); 3) I Can Only Imagine (4:06: MercyMe: click here). They were each removed before it was known which one as copyrighted.
- Order of Service [click here].
- Remembering Jeremy by Matt Kraines (click here).
- Obituary [click here].