Men at the Table
Aiming at internet television show.
Prototype questions for first show:
- What is man and woman?
- In our present feminized political culture, how does a man hear the words from Yahweh to Job: “Brace yourself like a man”?
- How much political feminism – over the past half-century – is rooted in a reaction of women against irresponsible and chauvinistic men?
In Men at the Table, John Rankin will sit down with four good friends, and have a conversation starting with these questions. They will talk about how they understand the struggle to be faithful men, husbands, fathers, friends and those seeking to serve the common good. It will be spontaneous, and questions from the audience will be invited.
- John Rankin is president of the TEI International (teii.org), and the author of nine books (johnrankinbooks.com). In his post-graduate studies at Harvard in the 1980s, he studied the work of two leading feminist theologians, and the various lesbian fellow-students responded wonderfully well to him. He also hosted the president of the National Organization for Women at Smith College in 1994, and the positive response from her and many hundreds of feminists in the audience was again remarkable.
- Rick Swenson is owner of the world renowned 199-year old Hitchcock Chair Company in Riverton, CT (hitchcockchair.com). A self-described “common man,” he is the husband of one, father of four and grandfather of nine.
- Glenn Sunshine is professor of history at Central Connecticut State University, and founder of Every Square Inch Ministries (esquareinch.com). He is also a longtime worldview consultant for the Colson Center in Washington, D.C., and his next book will focus on The Origin of the Crusades as part of a larger series on the tough questions in Christian history.
- Michael Shoaf is a pastor and business consultant. He spent most of his career on Wall Street and has years of experience with ministries such as World Vision. The son of a homeless man, his forthcoming book and ministry, His Name Is John, profiles how he rescued his father from the streets and restored him in Christ.
- Steve Knowles has extensive experience as a media executive in Hollywood, New York and Boston, as a radio host and business entrepreneur, and is presently working on several screenplays.