Understanding Sorcery at the Right Hand of Power
John C. Rankin
The TEI views the political world as a poorly served, or ill-served, mission field. We need to know the biblical reality, that in the face of political conflict, the real battle is in the heavenlies between Christ and Satan, between holy angels and unholy demons. This means that no believer in Jesus Christ can choose to have any political or human enemies, for this is the opposite of the Sermon on the Mount. Rather, it means that in the face of structural and political evil, we war against demonic principalities through the spiritual and ethical power of living in the light, against which all demonic darkness by definition flees. We always honor the image of God in all people to the fullest extent, regardless of theological or political differences, knowing that truth will always rise to the top for those who are seeking it. And this can only be accomplished through a biblically literate people
The teaching of a Love of Hard Questions Seminar is a necessary foundation:
Spiritual Warfare in the Face of Political Evil
[Taught in a rabbinic/conversational style, and bring any other questions or observations you may have]
1) Why does the Bible give a proactive and explicit theology of God’s nature and human nature, but only a reactive and implicit demonology?
2) What is the difference between the kingdom of God and the pretension of Satan?
3) Why does the biblical history of Yahweh and Satan concentrate on political power, and how does this relate to the Messianic lineage?
4) What is the nature of structural good, and the nature of structural evil?
5) What are the differences between covenant, hierarchy and oligarchy?
6) What is godly counsel at the right hand of power in the Bible?
7) What is sorcery at the right hand of power in the Bible?
8) Why do demons only appear in public after Jesus confronts Satan in the wilderness?
9) What does the prologue to John’s Gospel mean relative to light and the speed of darkness?
10) What does the Book of Revelation mean by the “war in the heavens?”
11) Why does Satan hate the biblical covenant of marriage and human life in the womb, and oppose religious, political and economic freedom?
12) Why does Satan fear a level playing field for all ideas to be heard equally, and the power to love enemies?
13) Thus, in order for the Gospel to address the mission field of politics, how must Satan first be overcome?
- Sorcery at the Right Hand of Power (click here).
- Intercessory Prayer and Politics (click here).
- Light and Dark in St. Michael’s Chapel (click here).
- Witchcraft in the Midst of Massachusetts Politics (click here).
- Demonic Interaction at the University of New Hampshire (click here).
- Piercing a Black Canopy of Evil (click here).
- The Visit of a Witch, and a Modest Prayer Meeting (click here).
- Slander of Pro-Abortion Activist Fed to Media, and Intimidation of a Lawyer Against a Prayer Meeting: An Amazing Saga (click here).
- Mars Hill Forum 11: Witchcraft at Smith College (click here).
- A Remarkable Demonic Assault (click here).
- First Veritas Forum at Harvard: Conversion from Paganism and the Demons Flee (click here).
- That Hideous Strength (click here).
- Joseph, Jesus and Paul: Warnings of Danger and Strategic Wisdom (click here).
- Thanksgiving, 1989: Report on Demonic Confrontation at the University of New Hampshire (click here).
- 46 Years Since Meeting Satan Face-to-Face, and Finally, at the Verge of Death on March 20, 2018, a Victory (click here).
- The Predicament of Male Anger: The Serpent’s Original Anger, the Curse, Cain and his Lineage: A Remarkable Observation in the Hebrew Text (click here).