The Vision of the TEI Cohort (teicohort.org)
The Mission of the Gospel to the Whole Culture
John C. Rankin (August, 2018)
- Membership in the TEI Cohort is through a one-time donation of $150.00 (more or less as you are able or led), and/or through a monthly online pledge (teidonate.org). This gives access to the links for all TEI classes, along with select Mars Hill Forums and TEI seminars, will be available. This access has no time-limit, and further giving for the work of the TEI is always welcome. The first two sessions of Class 1 are available to all: click here for Class 1; and click here for Class 2.
- Wherever the Light is present, the darkness is dispelled — theologically, physically, ethically and spiritually. The Light of the world is Jesus, and he calls his disciples also to be the light. How well do we live in the Light? There are six major arenas in culture where self-assigned elitist power tramples the religious, political and economic freedoms for the rest of the social order: 1) government, 2) education, 3) media, 4) business, 5) science and 6) the arts (acronym = GEM + BSA). Top-down power is an idol pursued in these arenas. And there are two prior arenas where biblical Christians have their identity and focus: the family and the church. Most of us do our best to keep these two in good order, and yet, the elitist and demonic powers in the six cultural arenas oppose us fiercely. We are called by Jesus to be salt and light in the whole culture, so how do we go about it? This is the vision for the TEI Cohort, and step one is a biblically literate cohort within the whole church. To this end the TEI International is devoted.
- The TEI International Leadership School (below) is the foundation for all. The first class begins in September, 2018 in East Hartford, CT (click here for details).
- The initial priorities are these:
1] Biblical Literacy 101 and the Mission Field of Politics: The TEI International Leadership School (teiischool.org). The coursework covers: 1) the interpretive leverage of Genesis 1-3, with due focus on issues of religious, political and economic freedom as they arise; 2) its application to the entire Bible while always aiming at the hardest questions that Jewish and Christian history has wrestled with; 3) its application to church history, seeing where the church has been faithful or unfaithful to Genesis 1-3, and what we can learn accordingly; 4) its application to all world religions and philosophies, as they compare with the realities in Genesis 1-3, and thus, how we honor the image of God in all people equally; and thus 5) so as to equip a biblically literate people to advance religious, political and economic liberty for all people equally, in the Name of Jesus, which most effectively builds the kingdom of God.
2] Television series: The Bible and Politics (.org): “The Radical Nature of the Level Playing Field as Defined in Genesis 2.”
3] Click here for the TEI Pro-Life Coalition (teiprolife.org), and its TEI National Pro-Life Colloquy and agenda to win an Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Equal Protection for Women and Their Unborn. In the book, Changing the Language of the Abortion Debate (linked at johnrankinbooks.org), the theology of Genesis and the Power of the True Assumption is the basis. Teams of Seven.org is step one: The ability to cut the abortion rate in half nationwide, even in the present political climate.
4] Seminar: Spiritual Warfare in the Face of Political Evil is the predicate for the biblical wisdom needed to address the mission field of politics with the Gospel (click on teipray.org). In particular, setting the table for the debate over human abortion (click here for background and outline).
5] The Mars Hill Forum series (marshillforums.org) is a cornerstone reality in the history of the TEI, and along with cognate endeavors, pursues honest communication across the cultural barricades with any and all who question the trustworthiness of the Bible. A the homepage of the TEI Pro-Life Coalition (teiprolife.org), there is a nationwide invitation for debate, in concert with the nature of the Mars Hill Forums, and is the present priority, though other issues can be addressed where there is interest.
6] The Pre-Partisan Caucus (prepartisan.org) is the political foundation to advance religious, political and economic freedom for all people equally, through the creation of a level playing field for all partisans to be equally heard.
7] Men at the Table (menatthetable.org): An Internet television show: Where Men Talk About Being Men in a Culture of Toxic Sexuality.
- And when the time is ready:
8] The Network of Covenant Islands (covenantislands.org), radically rooted in Genesis 1-2, can transform third world and second world economies from the grassroots, and also the inner cities and rural zones of entrenched poverty in the first world. An invitation is pending in East Africa, it begins with teiischool.org, which has been requested for years, but finances have not yet permitted.
9] A Church for Questions (.org) is a vision for a Saturday night church that serves the larger church in giving hospitality to any and all questions of skeptics, unbelievers and lapsed believers, with the goal to point them toward a local church.
10] The TEI Orchestra and Sacred Choir (teiorchestra.org) envisions a unique integration between classical Christian hymns (along with modern hymns that have classical potential), with theological content being always profiled.
11] Regular media and social media, in service to the TEI vision, includes a unique and dynamic alternative to Facebook (teifaces.org).
12] The TEI Publishing House (teipublishinghouse.com), begins with John Rankin’s books, other material, and in time, other authors.
13] TEI Care (teicare.org) is a radically biblical alternative to the health insurance industry, able to cover all people with the greatest comprehensive means, inclusion and charity; with the greatest quality, with the most modest costs, and all because of radical presuppositions drawn from Genesis 1-2.
14] The TEI Bank (teibank.com) is rooted in biblical simplicity, transparency and trust, with economic cognates that will prosper all members well.
15] TEI Jubilee (teijubilee.org) is a biblically structured strategy to see debt release for all Christians and other interested persons, even in this pluralistic age.
16] TEI Refuge (teirefuge.org) is an economic cognate that serves the greatest possible reduction of the prison population, serving genuine reintegration into a healthy social order.
17] Jesus, in the Face of His Enemies (book by John Rankin) can be made into a Passover Week film (jfemovie.org); and eventually the whole Bible can be put on film pace the theological foundations of the TEI.
18] The TEI Logo – in its theological integrity – becomes trusted in all endeavors, and in time worth billions, able also to create many businesses, all for the sake of building the kingdom of God. Investors welcome.