[YouTube Invitation to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to Debate the Nature and Politics of Human Abortion: click here]
Time to Overturn Roe v. Wade
And “proclaim freedom to the captives” (Isaiah 61:1)
[Step One: Shutting Down the Abortion Industry, in the Name of Jesus: see Teams of Seven .org]
In Pursuit of an Amendment to the United States Constitution: Equal Justice for Women and Their Unborn
[Stay Tuned: A TEI National Pro-Life Colloquy is in view when the time is right, co-moderated by John Rankin and Eric Metaxas]
The 1973 Roe v. Wade U.S. Supreme Court decision “legalizing” human abortion is a profoundly anti-biblical ruling which:
1] rips off women;
2] rips off the unborn; and
3] allows the male chauvinists to run free.
John Rankin Offers an Invitation to an Open-Ended Public Debate for any Confident Advocate of Legalized Abortion:
What is the Nature of Human Abortion?
Across the years, John has addressed this debate in some 100+ venues (outside of the church), especially on university campuses, and with a wide range of abortion proponents. Here are some examples:
- North Adams State College, with lead abortionist Bill Baird.
- Harvard Medical School along with colleague Andrew A. White, M.D.; with Professor Marian C. Craighill, M.D., and Unitarian minister, the Rev. Elizabeth Ellis-Hagler.
- Brown University, with Mary Ann Sorrentino, who had been excommunicated by the Roman Catholic Bishop of Providence, for her role as president of Planned Parenthood of Rhode Island.
- Wellesley College, with feminist attorney, Jamie Sabino, Esq.
- Ithaca College, with Shelley Drazen, chair of the Tompkins County Coalition for Reproductive Choice.
- Cornell University, with Daryl Bem, PhD, chairman of the department of psychology, and later head of Planned Parenthood of Tompkins County.
- The College of William & Mary, with Grace Sparks, president of Planned Parenthood of Virginia.
- Yale Law School, with the Rev. Katherine Hancock-Ragsdale, president of the Religious Coalition for Abortion Rights (RCAR), and later dean of the Episcopal Divinity School.
- Smith College, with Patricia Ireland, president of the National Organization for Women (NOW).
- Georgetown University (and live on C-Span), with Kate Michelman, president of the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL).
- Dartmouth College, with Ann Stone, chairman of Republicans for Choice.
- The State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo, with Law Professor Lucinda Findley, Esq.
- Trinity College (Hartford, CT), with Debra Haffner, former president of the Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States (SIECUS).
- Boston College, with Frances Kissling, president of Catholics for a Free Choice.
- The University of Connecticut Medical School, with abortionist, Janice Lee, M.D.
- The University of Richmond, with the Rev. Barry Lynn, Esq., director of American United for the Separation of Church and State.
John’s biblical pro-life argument is available in Changing the Language of the Abortion Debate (at johnrankinbooks.com). Chapter One is entitled: “What About Rape and Incest?” Also, click on the Women and Their Unborn icon on the homepage of teii.org, where there are over 220 articles. Roe is defended by an elitist culture that fiercely protects it. How can this be reversed? Only through a biblically literate people, which is John’s purpose for Changing the Language of the Abortion Debate.
A Five-Point Strategy to Overturn Roe v. Wade
1] The Teams of Seven, pace the Sacred Assemblies for the Unborn, is rooted on a well tested, very fruitful and ethically above reproach in the sight of any detractors. If it were to be implemented at every abortion center in the United States, on college campuses and at other suitable political venues, the number of abortions would dramatically decrease, and many people would be persuaded toward a biblical pro-life conviction. It empowers women to say yes to their own well-being, and equally for their unborn children, and no to the chauvinistic men pushing them to have an abortion.
2] Make a systematic and direct invitation to leaders in society who actively or passively support Roe v. Wade. This includes those in the pro-abortion lobby, legislators, media, academia and clergy. Ask them to explain why they defend “legalized” abortion. As profiled in Jesus, in the Face of His Enemies (see johnrankinbooks.com), this ethic of “hospitality to dissent” separates those who choose life over death, from those who choose death over life. And many Christian leaders need to be equipped for such honest engagement.
3] Lobby for and do the organizational work to have two non-binding multiple-choice questions debated by state legislatures, as well as the U.S. Congress, and place them on statewide referenda as able. First: In biological terms, when does an individual human life begin? And second: To what extent is human abortion driven by male irresponsibility? Click here for details.
4] The several thousand Pregnancy Resource Centers across the nation are already doing yeoman work in empowering women to choose life equally for themselves and their unborn children. These centers, along with all cognate efforts, need ever increasing support and resources,
5] As the pro-abortion lobby and their sycophants silence themselves in the face of this biblical pro-life strategy, and as others in the process are freed from their captivity, the tangible hope grows for an Amendment to the U.S. Constitution that overturns Roe: Equal Justice for Women and Their Unborn. It reads:
- The unalienable rights of life, liberty and property belong to all people equally under the rule of law, including equal justice for the shared humanity of women and their unborn children. The first order of human government is to protect human life for his or her entire natural duration, out of which liberty and property rights become possible.